Saturday, December 1, 2018

Goodbye?

Grey clouds embark upon a solemn sky; the sleeping dragon hither lies.
His heart and mine forever tied.
Remove the mask that hides your face from view.
I was in love with the you I thought I knew.
Is all that’s left to say goodbye?

I don’t want to say goodbye, but even the most beautifully cut flowers die, unable to look at the
sky,
Just one last time. Nothing lasts forever, that I knew.
Still, I convinced myself to believe in all your lies.
Now it hurts too much to view your lovely face. Our knot has been un tied.

My hands are tied--- so tell me how to say goodbye.
You say you love me, but in your view my heart does not belong. You held me in the sky,
Your grip is slipping; here now I lie broken and bleeding.
Where you were, I no longer knew.

Every time my wounds heal, you seem to rip them a new.
No amount of needle and thread could have tied my heart together again. Instead I am bound by
your lies
Like snakes under my skin, hissing “he never told her goodbye”.
I cannot compare to this angel in the sky. Is my mind deceiving, or do they embrace in my view?


Unless you can say goodbye to all the lies
I must come down, out of the sky, abandoning our view.

Because now I knew, just as ours, your heart and her’s are forever tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment